The Conrad Blucher Institute for Surveying and Science, part of Texas A&M University at Corpus Christi, maintains this web site as an information resource and service for the public. In the course of providing you this information, we are able to gather and archive several types of data about visitors to our web site. In respect to your privacy and in accordance with State law, the following outlines how we handle those types of data.
Personally Identifiable Information. Personal information that you provide via e-mail or through other online means will be used only to respond to your request or to analyze trends. This may involve redirecting your inquiry or comment to another person or department who is in a better position to answer your question or meet your needs.
For various management functions including site development and gauging public interest, personal information may be used for analysis and statistical purposes. This information is not reported or used in any manner that would reveal personally identifiable information, and will not be released to any outside parties unless the University is legally required to do so.
Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to collect Demographic and Interests data on our users to gauge public interest in our website and projects. This information is collected with Google Advertising Cookies and anonymous identifiers.
This data is only used to help improve our website to better suit your needs, and not shared with third-party vendors.
If you would like to opt-out of this, you can do so with the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. You can read more about Google Analytics Advertising Features and Policy Requirements.
Server Logs. The Conrad Blucher Institute uses server logs to collect information concerning your Internet connection and general information about your visit to our Web site. This information may be used to analyze trends; to create summary statistics for the purpose of determining technical design specifications; and to identify system performance or problem areas. The following information may be collected for this analysis including, but not limited to:
- User/client hostname – The hostname (or IP address if DNS is disabled) of the user/client requesting access
- HTTP header, “user agent” – The user-agent information includes the type of browser, its version, and the operating system it is running on
- HTTP header, “referrer” – The referrer specifies the page from which the client accessed the current page
- System date – The date and time of the user/client request
- Full request – The exact request the user/client made
- Status – The status code the server returned to the user/client
- Content length – The content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user/client
- Method – The request method used
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI) – The location of a resource on the server
- Query string of the URI – Anything after the question mark in a URI
- Protocol – The transport protocol and version used
Links. This web site contains links to other sites not owned or maintained by the University; Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is not responsible for the content or privacy policies on those sites.
Contact. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your use of this Web site, you may contact CBI Website Staff via email or through regular mail at:
CBI Website Administrator
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
6300 Ocean Drive, Unit 5799
Corpus Christi, TX 78412-5799